|per 1 serving|
|Fat 9 g||14 %|
|Saturated 2,5 g
+ Trans 0,1 g
|Polyunsaturated 0 g|
|Omega-3 0 g
Omega-6 0 g
|Monounsaturated 0 g|
|Cholesterol 80 mg|
|Sodium 300 mg||13 %|
|Carbohydrates 11 g||4 %|
|Fibres 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 9 g|
|Protein 26 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Mango Chicken Curry
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes|
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 225 g (½ lb.) each, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) curry powder
- 250 mL (1 cup) 25%-lesssalt chicken broth
- 60 mL (¼ cup) 15% M.F. cooking cream 1 mango, cubed
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) each of finely sliced green onions and diced red bell pepper
- Fresh coriander and toasted cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- Hot sauce, to taste
Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add chicken cubes and sauté for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add curry powder, chicken broth and cream. Reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until sauce is reduce by one-third.
Add mango, green onion and red pepper. Stir gently. Cook for 3 minutes or until mango and vegetables are hot.
Serve over basmati rice. Garnish with coriander, cashews and hot sauce to taste.
Variation: Replace the cooking cream with coconut milk. Add toasted coconut flakes to suggested garnishes.