|per 1 serving|
|Fat 6 g||9 %|
|Saturated 0,5 g
+ Trans 0 g
|Polyunsaturated 2,5 g|
|Omega-3 0,4 g
Omega-6 2 g
|Monounsaturated 0 g|
|Cholesterol 110 mg|
|Sodium 770 mg||32 %|
|Carbohydrate 22 g||7 %|
|Fibres 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 23 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Quinoa and squash veggie ball brochettes
Time required: 55 minutes
|Yield : 22 veggie balls||Prep Time: 30 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) ground flaxseed
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) water
- 375 mL (1½ cups) cooked quinoa
- 250 mL (1 cup) chopped spinach
- 250 mL (1 cup) grated butternut squash
- 125 mL (½ cup) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sundried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chopped fresh basil
- 60 mL (¼ cup) chopped pine nuts
- 45 mL (3 tbsp.) quinoa flour (or corn flour)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) tahini
- To taste, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small skillet, sauté the shallot with the garlic in a little oil.
- Mix the ground flaxseed with 80 mL (⅓ cup) water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients including the shallot-garlic mixture and the flaxseed together in a large bowl and mix until mixture holds together.
- Hand shape mixture into compact balls. Place them on plates and place them in the freezer a few minutes before sliding them onto skewers.
- Transfer brochettes onto baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, turning them with a spatula at the midway point.
- Serve with homemade tomato sauce.