This recipe is rich in Mexican flavours but uses pasta instead of tortillas. This fiesta of flavours comes together in not time at all. That makes it a perfect supper for school nights or after long day working from home.
It can easily be adapted for vegetarians. Simply replace the ground meat with a plant-based meat.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1.25 L (5 cups) chickpea fusilli pasta (GoGo Quinoa)
- 750 mL (3 cups) salsa
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- A drizzle of coconut oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) ground meat or meat substitute
- 125 mL (½ cup) Belsoy cooking cream
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) taco seasoning
- 1 can (398 mL/14 oz.) black beans, drained
- 250 mL (1 cup) corn kernels
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 125 mL (½ cup) fresh cilantro, as garnish
- Avocado, cubed, as garnish
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil and cook garlic until fragrant.
- Add ground meat. Stir occasionally to ensure meat cooks evenly.
- Add remaining ingredients except avocado and cilantro. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro and avocado.
Enjoy your meal!