Prep time : 1.5 hours
Cook time : 1 hour
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) savoury herbs
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) dried thyme
- 500 mL (2 cups) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 4 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and finely diced
- 250 mL (1 cup) cooked red beans
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat a small amount of coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and leek. Stir and add a bit salt and pepper. Once the mixture has cooked for 3 minutes, add garlic.
- When onions are translucent, stir in savoury herbs, thyme, parsley and basil. Cook for 3–5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes and beans. Mix well and stir in vegetable stock and diced tomatoes.
- Bring soup to a boil, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, reduce heat to medium-low and add bay leaves.
- Season to taste and simmer for 1 hour over low heat.
You can also add gluten-free pasta for the kids!