Red Pepper Soup
Time required : 30 minutes
|Yield : 4 to 6 servings||Prep Time : 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time : 10 minutes|
30 mL (2 tablespoons) ComplimentsOlive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 6 to 8 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into pieces
- 2 cubanel peppers, chopped
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) basil paste (or 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped)
- 500 to 750 mL (2 to 3 cups) chicken stock (or enough to cover the other ingredients)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) milk
- Fresh basil leaves (as garnish)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, potatoes, and basil, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and combine thoroughly; season with pepper, to taste.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Purée in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain to remove any lumps and fibres.
- Return the ingredients to the saucepan.
- Stir in some milk to obtain the desired consistency.
- Heat slightly and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves