Ginger-Orange Lettuce Soup
|Yield : 4 to 6 servings||Prep Time : 10 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time : 30 minutes|
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Compliments • Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 to 750 mL (2 to 3 cups) chicken broth (enough to cover vegetables)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 litres (8 cups) Compliments • Organic Romaine Hearts
(or Compliments • Organic Baby Spinach)
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) chopped Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Compliments • Organic 100% Pure Pulp Free Orange Juice
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) ground ginger
Heat oil lightly in a saucepan and sauté onion for 2 minutes.
Add chicken broth, potatoes, celery, lettuce and parsley. Season to taste.
Bring mixture to a boil and allow to simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes,
or until vegetables are tender.
Purée the mixture in a food processor and then return to saucepan.
Stir in orange juice and ginger and blend well. Reheat lightly,
adjusting seasoning if need be. Serve immediately.