|Yield : 6 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, coarsely chopped
- 1 170-g container portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- ½ 227-g container cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 litre (4 cups) sodium-reduced beef broth
- 310 mL (1 ¼ cups) water
- 1 potato, cut in chunks
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 35% M.F. cream and mushrooms for garnish (optional)
Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, fennel and mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fennel is translucent.
Add broth, water, potato and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Pour soup into a blender or use an immersion blender to purée the soup.
Divide among 6 bowls. Garnish with a thin stream of cream and thinly sliced mushrooms.
VARIATION: Replace beef broth by chicken broth; replace water by warm milk, adding to soup just before blending.