Miso soup with soba noodles
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cooking Time: 5 minutes|
- 200 g (1 pkg.) soba noodles
- 350 g fondue beef, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) each: shiitake mushrooms and nappa cabbage cut in strips and quartered mini bok choy
- 1.5 L (6 cups) water
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) miso
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) each: finely chopped gingerroot and garlic
- Crushed chilli to taste
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) each: thin strips of red pepper and bean sprouts
- Green onions cut on the diagonal
Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Divide cooked noodles, beef, mushrooms, nappa cabbage and bok choy among four large soup bowls. Reserve.In a large saucepan, combine water, miso, ginger, garlic and crushed chilli. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve miso. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes. Pour bouillon into soup bowls. Top soup with red pepper, bean sprouts and green onion, and savour!
Variation: Replace beef by fondue chicken, shrimp or firm tofu.