Shrimp and fennel linguine
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 15 minutes|
- 375 g (1 pkg.) whole wheat linguine
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 375 mL (1½ cups) sliced leeks
- 500 mL (2 cups) thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 340 g (1 pkg.) frozen peeled, deveined uncooked 90–110 shrimp, thawed
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) crushed fennel seeds
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) finely chopped fennel fronds
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) grated lemon zest salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and reserve.
In a large skillet, heat 15 mL (1 tablespoon) oil over high heat. Add garlic, leek and fennel. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Reserve.
Heat remaining oil over high heat and add shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked and lightly golden. Add pasta and vegetables along with fennel seeds. Stir to combine. Add chopped fennel fronds and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
VARIATION: Replace lemon zest by orange zest, and fennel seeds and fronds by fresh dill.
TIP: Reserve approx. 125 mL to 250 mL (1/2 to 1 cup) pasta cooking water. If the pasta seems dry, add a little cooking water and combine.