Long pasta with chick peas and balsamic reduction
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 10 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 15 minutes|
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) honey
- 250 g (8 oz.) long pasta
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) olive oil
- 1 tin (540 mL) Compliments Chick Peas, rinsed and drained
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500 mL (2 cups) baby spinach leaves
- Parmesan cheese shavings to garnish (optional)
Place balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is reduced by two thirds and syrupy. Reserve.
During this time, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and reserve.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chick peas, tomatoes, olives and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes. Add spinach and gently combine. Remove from heat.
Place chick pea mixture on hot pasta and toss well. Spoon balsamic vinegar reduction on top and garnish with Parmesan shavings. Enjoy!