Chicken and apple sandwich
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time :15 minutes|
|Level : Easy|
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) thinly sliced red onion
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) plain yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 2 multi-grain buns, cut in half lengthwise
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) plain hummus
- 200 g cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 leaves of leaf lettuce
Mix apple slices, onion and yogurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve. Place buns on a work surface and spread hummus on each half. Arrange sliced chicken on two halves. Top with apple and onion mixture and add a lettuce leaf to each. Place two remaining halves on top and cut sandwiches in half across the width. Serve with raw vegetables and a vegetable juice. To make the meal complete, choose yogurt with seasonal fruit for dessert.
Variation: Replace lettuce by bean sprouts and chicken breast by any leftover cooked meat: roast beef, pork, lamb or veal.