Grilled Tomato and Red Pepper Sauce
|Yield : 6 servings||Prep Time : 1 hour 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time :|
- 8 red bell peppers, cut in half with seeds removed
- 10 Italian tomatoes, cut in half with seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) dried oregano
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Compliments • Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 mL (½ tsp.) fennel seeds
- 1 can (796 ml) Compliments • Organic Plum Tomatoes, diced
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) tomato paste
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 mL (½ tsp.) hot pepper flakes
- 60 mL (¼ cup) fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine tuna, pesto and olives. Season with pepper to taste.
Spread tuna mixture onto four slices of bread. Garnish with leaves of fresh basil and then top each with a second slice of bread.
Serve with cut vegetables and dip.
Variation: Add thin slices of bocconcini and broil before adding second slice of bread.