|per 1 serving|
|Fat 11 g||17 %|
|Saturated 3 g
+ Trans 0 g
|Polyunsaturated 0 g|
|Omega-3 0 g
Omega-6 0 g
|Monounsaturated 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 150 mg||6 %|
|Carbohydrates 30 g||10 %|
|Fibres 10 g||40 %|
|Sugars 10 g|
|Protein 5 g|
|Vitamin A||110 %|
|Vitamin C||70 %|
|* DV = daily value|
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 10 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 50 minutes|
- 4 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 500 ml (2 cups) cauliflower, cut into large florets 1 each: large bulb of fennel and red onion, cut into eighths
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) each: cumin, coriander and fennel seeds, and crushed chillies, toasted Fleur de sel, to taste Zest and juice of one lime
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) each: unsweetened coconut flakes and cilantro leaves
Preheat barbecue to high.
In a large bowl, combine carrots, cauliflower, fennel and onion. Add oil and sprinkle with toasted spices. Salt to taste. Mix until vegetables are well coated with spices. Cover with plastic wrap and let macerate one hour.
Drain vegetables and reserve macerating oil. Place vegetables on grill and cook for two to three minutes on each side until lightly grilled, but not burnt.
Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook for 45 minutes, or until vegetables soften. Periodically turn and baste vegetables with reserved oil while cooking.
Arrange vegetables on a large platter. Sprinkle with lime zest and juice, then garnish with coconut and cilantro leaves.
*CHEF’S SECRET: Place cumin, coriander and fennel seeds and crushed chillies in a pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until spices are toasted and fragrant. Let cool, place in a small, resealable bag, and crush with a rolling pin or can.