Rustic vegetable purée with grilled garlic
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time : 25 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time : 35 minutes|
- 1 small bulb of garlic
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) Compliments • Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) trimmed, cubed celeriac, reserved in lemon water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 250 mL (1 cup) trimmed, cubed kohlrabi
- 250 mL (1 cup) thinly sliced collards (remove ribs from leaves first)
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) country-style 15% M.F. cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
Trim the top off the garlic bulb; brush garlic with oil and roast in oven for 35 minutes. Allow to cool. Squeeze roasted garlic purée from cloves. Reserve.
Place drained celeriac, potato and kohlrabi in a large pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and allow to simmer for 25 minutes. Add collards during the last 10 minutes of cooking and continue to simmer until all vegetables are tender. Drain.
Mash vegetables with a potato masher until only a few small lumps remain (to make the purée rustic). Add roasted garlic, cream and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Using a spatula, combine all ingredients. Serve purée alongside grilled red meat or game meat.
Variation: Replace collards by finely chopped fresh chives and savory.