|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 10 minutes|
|Level : Easy|
- 2 L (8 cups) torn Romaine lettuce
- 250 mL (1 cup) coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 750 mL (3 cups) watermelon cubes, seeds removed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) each: coarsely crumbled feta cheese, and pitted black olives
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Divide lettuce, basil, watermelon cubes, onion, feta and black olives among four pretty serving plates.
Blend olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle onto salads. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Savour!
VARIATION: Replace watermelon by raspberries, feta cheese by grated black goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar by raspberry vinegar.