Warm tofu, pepper and pineapple salad
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cooking Time: 10 minutes|
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) chopped fresh gingerroot
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) balsamic vinegar
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) maple syrup
- 1 454 g package firm tofu, cut into strips
- 250 mL (1 cup) sweet red pepper strips
- 250 mL (1 cup) sweet yellow pepper strips
- 250 mL (1 cup) snow peas, trimmed
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) fresh pineapple chunks
- 1.5 L (6 cups) mesclun
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine garlic, ginger, vinegar, oil and maple syrup. Reserve.
Heat oil over high heat in a lightly oiled wok. Sauté tofu for about 5 minutes, or until just golden. Add a quarter of the vinaigrette and the peppers, snow peas and pineapple. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until peppers are tender-crisp.
Divide mesclun among 4 plates and top with tofu mixture. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Variation: Replace tofu by shrimp. For an Oriental touch, serve tofu and vegetables on a bed of rice vermicelli.