|per 1 serving|
|Fat 10 g||15 %|
|Saturated 2.8 g
+ Trans 0 g
|Polyunsaturated 3 g|
|Omega-3 1.5 g
Omega-6 1.5 g
|Monounsaturated 2.5 g|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35 %|
|Sodium 60 mg||3 %|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2 %|
|Fibres 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 37 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Rainbow trout fillets with cucumber
Time required: Less than 30 minutes
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 5 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 10 minutes|
- 2 rainbow trout fillets, 350 g (3/4 lb.) each, cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, washed and sliced very thinly
- 1 lemon, in wedges
- 4 dill sprigs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Bake fish in an ovenproof dish for about 10 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fish from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange cucumber slices on fish, overlapping to imitate fish scales.
- Garnish fish with lemon wedges and dill sprigs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with jasmine rice and a tomato salad.
Suggestions for substitutions
This recipe can also be made with salmon or steelhead.
This recipe was developed and tested by the Rachelle-Béry team of nutritionists.