|per 1 serving|
|Fat 17 g||11 %|
|Saturated 3.5 g
+ Trans 0 g
|Polyunsaturated 5 g|
|Omega-3 2 g
Omega-6 3.5 g
|Monounsaturated 7 g|
|Cholesterol 105 mg|
|Sodium 65 mg||3 %|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3 %|
|Fibres 2 g||8 %|
|Sugars 7 g|
|Protein 38 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Spicy pecan-crusted maple trout
Time required: Less than 30 minutes
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 5 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 10 minutes|
- 2 trout fillets, about 350 g (12 oz.) each
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste 15 mL (1 tbsp.) mustard seeds
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) coriander seeds
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) fennel seeds
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Cut trout fillets into sticks.
- Brush fish sticks with maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Mix spices and coarsely grind with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder. Add pecans.
- Coat each fish stick with spicy pecan mixture.
- Place fish on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of sticks (or until fish is opaque).
- Place fish sticks on a green salad with strips of sweet pepper and green onions.
This recipe was developed and tested by the Rachelle-Béry team of nutritionists.