|per 1 serving|
|Fat 12 g||20 %|
|Saturated 3.5 g
+ Trans 0.1 g
|Cholesterol 110 mg|
|Sodium 460 mg||19 %|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2 %|
|Fibres 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 2 g|
|Protein 45 g|
|Vitamin A||35 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Gratinéed bruschetta Chicken breasts with spinach
Time required: 55 minutes
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 10 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes|
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) Olive Oil
- 4 chicken breasts with wing drumette, skin removed
- 250 mL (1 cup) commercial bruschetta
- 1 bag (150 g) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and lightly spun dry
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) grated aged cheddar
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown. Cover chicken with bruschetta and bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until meat is no longer pinkish and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 77°C (170°F).
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and garlic, and sauté until spinach wilts. Reserve.
- Garnish chicken breasts with aged cheddar and broil until cheese is golden.
- Divide spinach equally among plates. Top each plate with a gratinéed chicken breast and serve.
- Accompany with a blend of white and wild rice.
- Vary the cheese for the gratin as you like.
- Substitute a variety of leaf vegetables such as chicory, corn salad (mâche), arugula and watercress for the spinach.