|per 1 serving|
|Fat 15 g||23 %|
|Saturated 6 g
+ Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 65 mg|
|Sodium 820 mg||34 %|
|Carbohydrates 71 g||24 %|
|Fibres 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 31 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Seared scallops on lemon-mascarpone risotto
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) + olive oil
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 375 mL (1 ½ cups) Calrose rice
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) white wine
- 930 mL (3 ¾ cups) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) mascarpone cheese
- 750 mL (3 cups) baby spinach leaves
- 20 scallops, size 10–20 (about 500 g / 1 lb)
- To taste salt and pepper
- zest of one lemon
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) torn fresh basil leaves
In a saucepan, heat 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add rice, stirring to coat well.
Add white wine and allow to reduce by half. Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover pan; reduce heat to low. Allow rice to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until cooked and creamy in texture. Stir in mascarpone cheese and spinach leaves, combining well. Cover and reserve.
In a non-stick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Sear scallops for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until opaque. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Divide risotto among 4 shallow bowls. Top with scallops, lemon zest and fresh basil.
VARIATION: If you can't find mascarpone cheese, substitute cream cheese in its place.