Time required: 30 minutes
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 10 minutes|
- 4 large tomatoes
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) uncooked basmati rice
- 250 mL (1 cup) drained tinned lentils
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) freshly snipped coriander
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp.) cumin
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp.) curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cook rice according to package instructions and reserve.
- Cut tops off tomatoes and scoop out with a spoon, keeping sides intact. Reserve removed pulp.
- Chop tomato pulp and place in a bowl. Add rice, lentils, coriander and spices. Mix well and season to taste.
- Spoon mixture into each tomato and replace tops.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray. Cook for 10 minutes, or until tomatoes and filling are hot.