Grilled vegetable ratatouille
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time :15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cooking Time :10 minutes|
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 Italian tomatoes, halved
- 1 each, zucchini and Italian eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) each, finely chopped fresh oregano and pitted Kalamata olives
Preheat barbecue to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, red pepper and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Remove garlic and wrap in tinfoil. Place garlic and vegetables on pre-oiled grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side or until vegetables are grilled and garlic is tender. Roughly chop vegetables and place in a bowl. Squeeze garlic using fingers and add puree, oregano and olives to vegetables. Mix well. Serve with ready-to-cook meats.
Variation: Add fresh thyme to vegetable mix and sprinkle with crumbled feta just before serving.