Oriental Tofu Stir-Fry
|Yield :4 to 6 servings||Prep Time :15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time : 20 minutes|
|Macération : 2 hours|
- 1 pkg. (454 g /1lb.) firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) Compliments • Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250 mL (1 cup) broccoli florets
- 250 mL (1 cup) washed and pared snow peas
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tin (398 mL/14 oz.) pineapple, drained
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Compliments • Organic Sunflower OilJuice of 4 limes
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) grated fresh gingerroot
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) tamari sauce
- Juice from tinned pineapple
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) chopped garlic
Mix all marinade ingredients and marinate tofu in mixture for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Heat oil in a wok and sauté all vegetables except green onions for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Reserving marinade, drain tofu and add to vegetables. Continuing cooking until tofu is golden.
Add marinade, green onions and pineapple. Cook until heated through and season to taste.
Serve over rice vermicelli.
Tip: To make cooked rice vermicelli easier to serve, just drain and cut with scissors!