Slow cooker Indian chicken
Time required: 8 hours 15 minutes
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 8 hours|
Note: 8 hours on low setting, or 4 hours on high setting
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 piece fresh ginger (2.5 cm/1 in.)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) tomato paste
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) smoked paprika
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) Clef des Champs or Spice Trekkers garam masala
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) salt
- 1 tin (796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 tin (400 mL) coconut milk
- 60 mL (¼ cup) tapioca flour
- To taste, chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Rinse and cut chicken breasts into thin strips and then place them in slow cooker.
- Add chopped onions.
- Use a food processor or blender to purée the garlic and ginger, and then add to chicken.
- Add tomato paste, spices, and salt, and mix to coat the chicken with spices.
- Add diced tomatoes with their juice.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low setting, or for 4 hours on high setting.
- Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, add the coconut milk, mix, and cover to continue cooking.
- To thicken the sauce, add the tapioca flour and mix well.
- Serve with rice or pasta and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Recipe by Gabrielle Samson, coach and teacher of living food and hypotoxic diets