|per 1 serving|
|Fat 14 g||22 %|
|Saturated 4.5 g
+ Trans 0.2 g
|Cholesterol 125 mg|
|Sodium 250 mg||10 %|
|Carbohydrates 25 g||8 %|
|Fibres 3 g||12 %|
|Sugars 5 g|
|Protein 26 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Basa fish cakes with yogurt sauce
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 12 minutes|
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) each: toasted bread crumbs and wheat germ
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) each: ground ginger and curry powder
- 375 g (3/4 lb) cooked basa, crumbled
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) each: finely chopped green onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 egg 175 mL (3/4 cup) plain yogurt (10% M.F.) Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, wheat germ, ginger and curry powder. Reserve.
- In another bowl, combine basa, green onion, red pepper, 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the bread crumb mixture, egg and 60 mL (1/4 cup) yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture seems too moist, add bread crumbs; if it seems too dry, add a little yogurt.
- Transfer remaining bread crumb mixture to a flat plate. With your hands, shape 4 large fish patties or 8 small patties and coat each with the bread crumbs. Brush off excess crumbs and reserve patties.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining yogurt, fresh coriander and garlic. Add Tabasco sauce to taste. Cover bowl and reserve in refrigerator.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet, and cook fish cakes for about 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until golden. Serve on a bed of baby greens, with vegetables couscous and the yogurt sauce.
TIP: To cook about 450 g (1 lb) of fresh fish rapidly, heat 500 mL (2 cups) chicken, vegetable or fish stock. Add fish fillets and poach over low heat (the stock should simmer) for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and easily flakes with a fork.