|per 1 serving|
|Fat 4.5 g||14 %|
|Saturated 1.5 g
+ Trans 0 g
|Polyunsaturated 0 g|
|Omega-3 0 g
Omega-6 0 g
|Monounsaturated 0 g|
|Cholesterol 10 mg|
|Sodium 105 mg||4 %|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5 %|
|Fibres 1 g||4 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 2 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Yield : 28 cookies||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 12 minutes per batch|
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 150 mL (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) vanilla 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) wheat germ
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp.) ground nutmeg
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp.) baking soda
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
In a bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar using an electric beater. Incorporate eggs one at a time, beating. Stir in mashed sweet potato and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda. Add these dry ingredients to the sweet potato batter, stirring until just barely incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or oil the baking sheet). Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto sheet, 30 mL (2 tbsp.) at a time, leaving enough space for cookies to spread out slightly during baking.
Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Tip: Serve the cookies topped with vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt for a dessert.
Little chefs: Children will be thrilled to help measure out and stir in recipe ingredients. And of course they’ll want to portion out the dough on the baking sheet by themselves!