|per 1 serving|
|Fat 19 g||29 %|
|Saturated 5 g
+ Trans 0 g
|Cholesterol 195 mg|
|Sodium 125 mg||5 %|
|Carbohydrates 52 g||17 %|
|Fibres 4 g||4 %|
|Sugars 29 g|
|Protein 13 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||40 %|
|* DV = daily value|
Gluten-free Orange Raspberry Cake
Time required: 2 hours 50 minutes
|Yield : 12 servings||Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 2½ hours|
- 2 whole oranges
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) butter
- 6 eggs 310 mL (1¼ cups) sugar
- 2 packages (200 g) Compliments Ground Almonds
- 1 container (225 mL) 14% M.F. sour cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 125 mL (½ cup) light cream cheese
- 125 mL (½ cup) icing sugar (Redpath or Lantic)
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- Wash oranges and place them whole (unpeeled) in a large saucepan. Cover with water, bring to a boil, cover, and poach over low heat for 1½ hours or until peel yields easily when pressed with a finger. Drain and cool a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and butter a 24 cm X 24 cm baking pan.
- Cut oranges into pieces and remove seeds. Place in a food processor and purée.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat eggs and sugar. Beat in orange purée, ground almonds, and sour cream.
- Stir in raspberries, using a spatula.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and bake one hour or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat together all the ingredients until smoothly blended. Ice cake and serve.