|Yield : 6 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Maceration Time: 1 hour|
- 5 very ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) unsweetened dried cranberries
- 3 eggs
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) cane sugar
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) vanilla
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) whole weat flour
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) oat bran
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) milk
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) 15% M.F. cooking cream
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) wheat germ
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) cinnamon
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Butter a round cake tin or a 9-inch pie plate.
Arrange peaches and cranberries in the pan in an even layer.
In a large bowl, using a whisk, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until sugar dissolves. Add flour, oat bran and salt and stir until well blended. Pour in milk and cream and mix until batter is smooth and blended. Do not over-blend.
Pour batter over fruit. Sprinkle with wheat germ, cinnamon and almonds.
Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, or until set in the centre.
- Vary the fruit according to season. The possibilities are endless!
- Use a muffin tin or ramekins to make mini-clafoutis. Reduce cooking time somewhat.