Grilled fruit cake
|Yield : 4 servings||Prep Time: 15 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 15 minutes|
- 2 unpeeled peaches (not too ripe), cut into wedges
- 2 unpeeled pears (not too ripe), cut into wedges
- 2 unpeeled black plums, cut into wedges
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) halved strawberries
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) brown sugar
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 slices pound cake, each about 1.5 cm (½ inch) thick
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) vanilla yogurt
Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
In a bowl, stir together peaches, pears, plums, strawberries, brown sugar and ginger.
Place a large double sheet of aluminum foil, oiled, on the barbecue grill, and lay fruit on top. Cook uncovered for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the fruit is lightly grilled and caramelized. Remove from heat and reserve.
Place cake slices directly on the barbecue rack and grill for about 1 minute on each side, creating cross-hatching with grill marks.
Place each slice of cake on a plate and garnish with grilled fruit and vanilla yogurt.
Serve with a dessert wine or even a glass of milk.
Variation: For flavour from here at home, replace the brown sugar by 30 mL (2 tablespoons) maple syrup and garnish dessert with maple yogurt.