Time required :35 minutes
|Yield :12 muffins||Prep Time : 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time : 15 minutes|
- 500 mL (2 cups) whole-wheat flour
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) cinnamon
- 2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) ground ginger
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) milk
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 apple, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda ginger, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, applesauce, egg, banana, apple and dried cranberries.
- Add to the dry ingredients, mixing just enough to moisten.
- Spoon the batter evenly into nonstick muffin pans.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.