Tarragon salmon rillettes
Time required: 35 minutes
|Yield : 750 mL (3 cups)||Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 15 minutes|
- 600 g skinless salmon
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- To taste fleur de sel and pepper
- 2 shallots, minced
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) vegetable oil
- 60 mL (¼ cup) sour cream
- 60 mL (¼ cup) fresh quark cheese
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh tarragon
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh chives
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) whole-grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place salmon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with fleur de sel and pepper. Bake fish for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven until flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Refrigerate.
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté shallots until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Use a fork to coarsely flake the salmon in a large bowl. Add the shallots, sour cream, quark cheese, tarragon, chives, orange zest, and mustard. Mix together gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Gourmet tip: Rillettes can be served atop toasted baguette slices as cocktail appetizers, added to a meal salad, or used as a delicious sandwich filling.