Angélique banana bread
Time required: 1 hour and 20 minutes
|Yield : 10 slices||Prep Time: 20 minutes|
|Level : Easy||Cook Time: 60 minutes|
- 400 mL (1⅔cups) Cuisine L’Angélique "The Marvellous" all purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) Artisan Tradition baking soda
- 75 mL (⅓ cup) vegetable oil
- 175 mL (¾ cup) La Milanaise organic cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 mL (1 cup) mashed ripe bananas
- 125 mL (½ cup) soy beverage
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180°F (350°C) and grease a 23 cm x 13 cm (9” x 5”) loaf pan.
- Mix flour and baking soda together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the oil and sugar in a large bowl; add the eggs one at a time, and then the mashed bananas. Whisk the wet mixture until smooth and light.
- While beating continuously, alternately add the flour mixture and soy beverage to wet mixture. Add vanilla at the very end and beat one minute longer.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, even out the top, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of loaf comes out clean. Let cool, unmold, and continue cooling on a rack.
Gourmet tip: This can also be baked in muffin tins for individual snack-sized versions! Slightly reduce baking time for muffins.